This is a blog about computers by an author who knows very little about computers.

Friday, May 21, 2010

My thoughts on operating systems:

Unfortunately, I do not a lot of experience with different types of operating systems. A lot of my computer experience is PC-based and Windows-based, except for that bit in college when I was Editor-in Chief of the Setonian. It’s a bummer now that I can’t remember what version of OS was on the Macs at Seton Hill University when I attended there. I have come to the conclusion that it had to have been something between OS 10.1 and 10.3. With all of the time, money, and research that Apple puts into creating and updating their operating systems, it’s a shame that neither OS 10.1 through OS 10.3 made an impression on me. I must not have a very close relationship with my computers.

Lastly, (and I don’t think this was in the slides on 5/18) but there are programs that allow you to run Windows on a Mac. How about that? I did not know this until recently when I conducted a little casual research. Apple says that their computers are “built for compatibility.” The Apple site the previous link takes you to is very promotion-focused, but informative.

I guess I just take MS Word and friends for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment