This is a blog about computers by an author who knows very little about computers.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My thoughts on hardware:

The hardware portion of a computer is interesting. It is, of course, what we can see and how we can physically interact with the processes of the computer. Hardware is also what comes to mind first when I think about computers. Additionally, I think that it is interesting that while I can see these letters that I am typing I know that they are not physically there, but are a visual representation of a series of ones and zeros. Also, I would like to say that I think a motherboard looks like a miniature city. Lastly, I am still not sure how RAM works.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of it that way, but it does look like a miniature city! I wonder how useful that metaphor would be in terms of understanding what the different components do and how they work together. I can't tell, which I guess indicates that I don't have a really solid grasp on the concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The motherboard city is in a different universe. It’s the only city that thrives by being uninhabited. :-)

    ReplyDelete