This is a blog about computers by an author who knows very little about computers.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another thought or two about Refworks:

This program would be great for a researcher who has a lot of source documentation to organize, because it pulls (for the most part) all of the pertinent information a researcher would need to properly cite a source and Refworks can format this information to comply with a variety of style methods. However, as I was combing through my reference list, I noticed that not only was some of the important information missing, but that some of the information was incorrect. For example, I discovered that one journal citation was missing the volume and issue numbers. So, I looked up the article in question to ascertain where it is located in the scheme of this journal’s publication. I learned that the page numbers in the citation were incorrect. Researchers who use this program need to proof read their citations. Refworks has the potential to be a friend to those who want to be lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment